MIMMC2019 Grand Final
In MIMMC2019 Grand Final, 5 selected teams will compete at UTM Johor Bahru to present their works in front of a panel of judges
- Content – The problem description, the mathematical model, the solution are clearly explained and discussed; comprehensive presentation of the work
- Slides preparation and presentation – Clear and structured presentation; well prepared and rehearsed, creativity; pictures, tables and diagrams (if used) are used intelligently
- Overall understanding – Ability to answer questions, a good grasp of the work
- Group dynamics – All presenters participated equally and helped each other as needed.
Each group will be given 15 minutes to present their works and 5 minutes for Q&A session.
Dress code: Formal attire
Tentative of MIMMC2019 Grand Final
18 March 2019 (Monday)
8:30 am – 2:00 pm
Banquet Hall, Sultan Ibrahim Chancellery Building, UTM Johor Bahru
“Challenge Your knowledge here”
- News & Announcement
- Important Dates
- Fee & Payment Methods
- Rules & Regulations
- Evaluation Criteria
- Contact Us
Congratulations to one and all!
We are looking forward to an amazing grand final on 18th March 2019 at UTM JB.
See you there!
MIMMC is a team-based competition that offers experience and challenges that can enhance the participants’ intellectual capacity, knowledge and skills in solving problems using mathematical modelling.
Goals of MIMMC
- To promote mathematical modelling for solving real life problems.
- To provide a unique and lasting educational experience to the participants.
- To recognize and reward mathematics talents from among the undergraduates in the local universities.
Rewards Through MIMMC
- Monetary Rewards
- Recognition through certificates
- Improvement resume credential
- A unique and lasting educational experience
|Last Registration||7 January 2019|
|Publish Online Questions||27 January 2019|
|Last Date Answer Submission||20 February 2019|
|First Evaluation||24 - 28 February 2019|
|Finalist Announcement||3 March 2019|
|MIMMC2019 Grand Final||18 March 2019|
REGISTRATION FEE: RM150/TEAM only!
A team consists of 1 mentor and 3 students.
Payment can be made through:
- Vote transfer (UTM staff only, an invoice will be given by the secretariat)
- Invoice (kindly notify the secretariat for an invoice)
- Bank transfer to:
Account holder: BENDAHARI UTM
Bank name: CIMB Bank Berhad
Account no: 8006053536
Kindly upload your proof of payment at registration form.
|Advisor||Dr Zaitul Marlizawati Zainuddin|
|Chair||Dr Nur Arina Bazilah Aziz|
|Secretary||Nor Liyana Sabari|
|Treasurer||Nadia Hartini Mohd Adzmi|
|Technical and Scientific Committee|
|Scientific||Prof Dr Zainal Abdul Aziz|
Dr Zaitul Marlizawati Zainuddin
|Dr Arifah Bahar
Dr Koh Meng Hock
|Web||Dr Ahmad Razin Zainal Abidin @ Md Taib||Dr Nur Arina Bazilah Aziz|
|Announcement & Sponsorship||Dr Taufiq Khairi Ahmad Khairuddin|
Dr Zuhaila Ismail
|Dr Mohd Ridza Mohd Haniffah|
|Secretariat||Nurfarhani Mohd Shabri|
Nadia Hartini Mohd Adzmi
|Nor Liyana Sabari
Muhammad Saiful Adham Shukor
|Event Management||Dr Mohd Ridza Mohd Haniffah||Muhammad Saiful Adham Shukor|
Please read the rules and regulations of MIMMC2019 here
Please register and upload your proof of payment in the online form. Click here to register before 7 January 2018.
MALAYSIA INDUSTRIAL MATHEMATICAL MODELLING CHALLENGE 2019 (MIMMC2019) EVALUATION CRITERIA
– The MIMMC judges are primarily interested in the team’s approach and methods.
– Abstract: The abstract is an essential part of your solution report. The judges place considerable weight on the abstract.
Your concise presentation in the abstract should inspire a reader to learn about the details of your work. Thus, an abstract should clearly describe the problem, outline of the model, the advantages of your approach and your conclusions.
– Solution: The solution will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Comprehensiveness of the abstract that include problem description, outline of the model, the advantages of the approach and the conclusion.
- Conciseness and organization of the solution report.
- Clear restatement of the problem, as appropriate.
- Clear methodology in solving the problem including the motivation or justification for the model that is used.
- Assumptions made with rationale are clearly stated.
- Parameters used are well explained and justified.
- Adequacy of the model in representing the real problem.
- Discussion on how the model could be tested, including error analysis and stability (conditioning, sensitivity, etc.).
- Discussion on any apparent strengths or weaknesses in your model or approach.
- Proper source of references.
Malaysia Industrial mathematical Modelling Challenge 2019
UTM-Centre for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (UTM-CIAM)
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
81310 UTM Johor Bahru, Johor
Tel: +607-553 2533/2715
Fax: +607-556 6162