Forensic Engineering Centre
FEC is an interdisciplinary centre for research, consultancy and graduate and professional training in forensic study on building and infrastructure related areas. Although it was officially formed in 2015, most of the FEC members have carried out many forensic investigations and structural assessment projects since early 1990s when they were working under Civil Engineering Testing Unit (CETU). Today, CETU, which was accredited with ISO 17025 since 2004, is the most prominent laboratory test partner of FEC.
We are committed to provide services and disseminate knowledge in forensic engineering to the general public and to promote and develop research in the forensic area from a multidisciplinary approach.
To be a national academic service centre of information and services for forensic engineering activities.
- To provide advisory and consultancy services to public and private agencies on forensic engineering issues.
- To disseminate knowledge in forensic engineering through conferences and postgraduate academic programs, to encourage further networking.
- To stimulate, encourage and enhance research programs in forensic engineering related areas, with particular emphasis on failure investigation, structural assessment and repair.
- To facilitate collaboration across the Faculty of Civil Engineering, other faculties in UTM and other relevant agencies and institutions in Malaysia, through the creation of research interests and consultancy services to the society.
- To provide facilities for strengthening professional training and postgraduate courses related to forensic engineering studies offered by related faculties.
- To provide technical program in the field of forensic engineering.