Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is CRCE?
CRCE is an acronym of Centre for River and Coastal Engineering. Formerly known as Centre for Coastal and Ocean Engineering (COEI). This research centre was established officially by Universiti Teknologi Malaysia in 1990. CRCE was an arm of Research Institute for Sustainable Environment (RISE)
What is the main role of CRCE?
CRCE plays a main role in the research and development in the field of coastal and river engineering. Our research centre are also get involved in various type of consultancy, training and technical advisory services for government,private sectors, students and professional community in our area of expertise
What is the research focus of CRCE?
CRCE was focusing on 6 research directions that match to our core business as listed below:
- River and Coastal Zone Resources Management
- Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability of Coastal Zones and River to Climate Change
- Reef Systems and Marine Resources Sustainability
- Innovation and Instrumentations in Coastal and River Structures
- Coastal and River Hazard Monitoring and Mitigation
- Modelling of Coastal Ocean Dynamics and Ecosystems.
What are the services offered by CRCE?
CRCE offers a broad spectrum of services ranging from consultancy services, technical advisory and special training for student and professional community. We also involved in infrastructural development of coastal engineering product that parallel to our research paradigm.
What is the main goal of CRCE?
CRCE aims to be a leading centre for training, research and consultation in coastal engineering activity in this region.