Dr. Wan Norharyati Wan Salleh
BEng (Chem. Eng.), PhD (Gas Eng.) (UTM)
Dr. Wan Norharyati Wan Salleh is currently senior lecturer in School of Chemical and Energy Engineering at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), Malaysia and research fellow of Advanced Membrane Technology Research Centre (AMTEC), UTM. She received her B.S. degree and PhD at UTM in 2008 and 2012, respectively. Her research interests lie broadly in the preparation of innovative and cost-effective solutions within the fields of membrane technology, nanomaterials, gas separation and water/wastewater treatment. Her present research also includes design of novel photocatalyst for degradation of organic pollutants in wastewater. Her enthusiasm and dedication towards her research are reflected in her numerous scientific publications in high impact factor international refereed journals and academic books.
Her current h-index is 12 with cumulative citation of over 430. She has also led 6 research grants and member of another 20 research projects.Some of the research products from these projects have been recognized by winning the invention awards in the Industrial Art and Technology Exhibition (INATEX) 2016 & 2017
List of Top publications
- Mohamed, M.A., M. Zain, M.F., Jeffery Minggu, L., Kassim, M.B., Saidina Amin, N.A., Salleh, W.N.W., Salehmin, M.N.I., Md Nasir, M.F., Mohd Hir, Z.A., Constructing bio-templated 3D porous microtubular C-doped g-C 3 N 4 with tunable band structure and enhanced charge carrier separation. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 236 (2018) 265-279.
- Ismail, N.H., Salleh, W.N.W., Sazali, N., Ismail, A.F., Yusof, N., Aziz, F., Disk-Supported Carbon Membrane via Spray Coating Method: Effect of Carbonization Temperature and Atmosphere. Separation and Purification Technology 195 (2018) 295-304.
- Salleh, W.N.W., Ismail, A.F., Matsuura, T., Abdullah, M. S., Precursor selection and process conditions in the preparation of carbon membrane for gas separation: A review. Separation & Purification Reviews 40 (2011) 261-311.
- Mohamad, M.A., Salleh, W.N.W., Jaafar, J., Ismail, A.F., Mutalib, M.A., Sani, N.A.A., M. Asri, S.E.A., Ong, C.S., Physicochemical characteristic of regenerated cellulose/N- doped TiO 2 nanocomposite membrane fabricated from recycled newspaper with photocatalytic activity under UV and visible light irradiation. Chemical Engineering Journal 284 (2016) 202-215
- Mohamed, M.A., Salleh, W.N.W., Jaafar, J., Asri, S.E.A.M., Ismail, A.F., Physicochemical properties of “Green”-Nanocrystalline Cellulose isolated from recycled newspaper.
RSC Advances 5 (38) (2015) 29842-29849.