FIRE EXPLOSION ENGINEERING: FUNDAMENTAL WITH APPLICATION
Malaysia is among one of the fastest developing nation in the sector of oil and gas as well as petrochemical. There has been a rapid increase in the construction and installation of offshore platforms, terminals, refineries as well as petrochemical plants. Despite of huge economic benefits, oil and gas sector has inherent fire and explosions hazards that are capable to severely damaging people, property and environment. The control of such major hazards is vital and very important from societal, economic, environmental and regulatory viewpoints. This Process Safety Professional Course is aim to enhance knowledge on the fundamental aspect of fire and explosion hazards that provides a better understanding on how major fire and explosion events could occured at workplace. Then, a correct risk reduction strategy through design and control measures based on Process Safety Hierarchy can be applied to mitigate the fire and explosion hazards.
To be aware of and understand the current and future legislation amendments in Malaysia OSH Act 2019. To deliver the fundamental knowledge on fire and explosion hazards and its behavior. To understand and provide reasoning on the fire and explosion prevention and protection systems. To design out, analyzed and mitigated the fire and explosion hazards through systematic Process Safety Hierarchy.
Guaranteed 10 DOSH CEP with HRDF Claimable
Who Should Attend?
- Managing Director
- Management Committee of NMHI and MHI
- Plant / Utility Managers
- Process Designers / Engineers / Technologies
- Competent Persons
- Safety & Health Officers, Environment Officer
- Other people that interested in PSM
The minimum entry requirement is a SPM or Diploma or Degree in any accredited engineering discipline from recognized institution.
Anyone who is interested in PSM can join the course.
The course will be on PART TIME basis. Class will be held on 24 – 26 June 2019. The overall duration is estimated to be 3 Days
24 – 26 June 2019 (Closed)
Normal: Rm 2000
Early Bird: Rm1800
Account Name: Bendahari UTM
Bank Name: CIMB Bank Berhad
Account No: 8006053536
Method Transfer: Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT)
Course Content & Summary
- Session 1 (DOSH Malaysia) Ammendment Act OSHA 2019
- Session 2 (DOSH Malaysia) Control of Industrial Major Hazard (CIMAH) Regulation 1996
- Session 3 (Dr Kamarizan Kidam, UTM) Current Issue in the CPI
- Session 4 (PM Dr. Rafiziana Md Kasmani, UTM) Fire Investigation Case Studies
- Session 5 (PM Dr. Rafiziana Md Kasmani, UTM) Heat Transfer, Ignition and Flame Spread
- Session 6 (PM Dr. Rafiziana Md Kasmani, UTM) Pool fires and jet fires, radiation from flames and Compartment fires
- Session 7 (PM Dr. Rafiziana Md Kasmani, UTM) Characteristics of gas and dust explosion.
- Session 8 (PM Dr. Rafiziana Md Kasmani, UTM) Important Parameters in Turbulent Explosions
- Session 9 (PM Dr. Rafiziana Md Kasmani, UTM) Vapour cloud explosion and large scale explosion with obstacles
- Session 10 (PM Dr. Rafiziana Md Kasmani, UTM) Explosion Investigation on estimation of overpressures from structural damage
- Session 11 (Dr Kamarizan Kidam, UTM) Risk Reduction Strategy
- Session 12 (Tn. Hj. Mohd Arshad Ahmad) Managing Fire and Explosion Hazard in Oil and Gas Installation.
- Session 13 (Tn. Hj. Mohd Arshad Ahmad) Safety Requirements to Layout and Arrangement
- Session 14 (Tn. Hj. Mohd Arshad Ahmad) Safety Requirements to Process and Auxiliary Facilities
- Session 15 (Tn. Hj. Mohd Arshad Ahamd) Requirements to Safety and Communications Systems
- Session 16 (Tn. Hj.Mohd Arshad Ahamd) Requirements for Explosion and Fire Protection